A strange Wedding Tradition of Pushing a Bride in Wheelbarrow in Carrick

Strange and fun In Deed Pushing your newly weeded bride in her gown in a wheelbarrow down 300 block of Copperfield St.
When I was a kid I got to see this strange tradition along 300 block the more level section of Copperfield Street a very steep street in Carrick 29th Ward of City of Pittsburgh  which people have actually skied down in winter time. Starting at the top at Brownsville Road.

How it started and why no one seems to know but some one started the tradition of showing off there new bride to the neighborhood probably on a dare or as a joke and it has been passed down now for many years.









 So if you ever find your self driving thru carrick and see such a thing going on now you know why. 

Unfortunately the google image does not show the steep hill  to right that well

2 comments:

  1. I just love to attend wedding functions, and recently I attended my friend’s wedding ceremony at Lincoln park wedding venues. I can’t tell you guys how amazing time I had there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture of my dad pushing my mom around in a wheelbarrow the day after their wedding in Clarksville, Pa back in 1970.

    ReplyDelete