Henry Meyer The Donut Guy. The original Night Crawler who you looked forward to meeting on Dark Cloudy Pittsburgh Nights

 I first meet Henry Meyer when I was going to Connely Skill Center  for Refrigeration School in 78-79 

He would come by most mornings as he finished up his 6 nights a week routine of traversing the city of Pittsburgh to sell donuts from his  unmarked beige colored Chevy Van 



He would go on to become a Icon of Pittsburgh's nights no matter the weather Henry was there with his donuts .

even on darkest wettest snowy nights.


Since I worked as a security guard at night while starting my business he was always a welcome sight

and he delivered donuts well into the 1980's when he was well past retirement age.

You could always find him around the strip district at night and some times other areas and he always remembered you even f it had been a couple years since he last saw you.
 

Thank You Henry and I miss you and your donuts RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment