Is there a Mountain Lion Roaming around Westmoreland County ?

The Mountain Lion has been extinct in Pa. for many decades yet people claim they see and hear them to this day in the mountains of  Western Pa.
The following is a post from Face Book group Across Westmoreland .






Does anyone have any info on who to contact about a mountain lion in the area? I have tried contacting the game commission several times with no response... Most likely because the Eastern mountain lion is supposedly extinct. I live in a wooded area of South Greensburg. Myself and my neighbors have seen the mountain lion multiple times, and we hear it calling every night. It leaves deer carcasses in the field across from my home. I fear for the safety of small children and pets in the area. TIA.
EDIT: Well, this got out of hand. Definitely wasn't asking for opinions on whether people believe there are mountain lions in the area or not. Just asked for a number to call. It doesn't really matter if you don't believe me, as my neighbors and I, the people who have actually SEEN it and have to deal with it, are 100% certain it is a mountain lion. Come on over and see for yourself if you're that serious about the topic.

Is it possible a Mountain  Lion is roaming around ? Absolutely because there are a several scenarios
involved here.

Scenario 1#
A mountain Lion owned illegally by a Drug Dealer  or other person of criminal nature  had one as a pet and has released it or it got loose.

Scenario 2#
 A Mountain Lion or similar big cat brought into one of the trophy hunt compounds  and game Reserves which exist around Western Pa. where hunters pay to hunt Elk,Wild Boar, Lions you name it  got loose from the compound and is roaming.

Thats how Nemacolin Woodlands originally started. as a private game reserve for the Rockwells and there is a big reserve next to BSA Camp Twin Echos in Westmoreland County.  

Scenario 3#'
Heard a story from a mountain person where the Pa. Game Commission quietly let a couple mountain lion loose in deep woods to hep control deer population.
He lived in Fayette county and when he had problems with one he called game commission who insists they do not exist  . He said OK then I will shoot it and call TV news and show it to them.
Seems the Mountain Lion disappeared as fast as he made the phone call.

So whats going on?

Is there an actual mountain lion roaming or is it a misidentified animal.

Stan Gordon the famous Pa. UFO researcher has been getting many calls about mountain Lions in the area as well.

So whats the truth? 




1 comment:

  1. When I first moved in my house,in 1983,one night we heard a horrible scream right behind our home. We live in a very rural area. I knew it was a mountain lion. The next day we called the game commisdion,and they said they were extinct. So I said "so no law on me killing it then" then they said it's endangered. I said not on any lists. Hunted it the next day. All I will say is their claws go though a heavy garbage bag. And my neighbors and us were safe.

    ReplyDelete